Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: donald branscom
Posted On: 08-19-2019
Replies: 25
Views: 5,553
Tank Building Tutorial.
Last Post: Markee
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 99
Views: 22,935
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: 666 Spot
Posted On: 08-18-2019
Replies: 16
Views: 1,583
Oil Lines
Last Post: Maustarman
Posted On: 08-14-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 1,868
Bars upside down
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: 08-12-2019
Replies: 3
Views: 202
More...
Old 03-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 18 yrs old lady movin to the US
Send a message via ICQ to alisa mugano Send a message via AIM to alisa mugano
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by celticrider
Well said Alisa...wise beyond your years it appears ...as is your comment about parents yelling at kids for stuff they did at the same age...I often have to put myself in check, or at least try, when trying to work through something with one of my kids, make myself remember that I did some of the same things, that it wasn't easy being a teenager when I was coming up and I would think it is much harder now.
Well yeah, if we're talking about kids and parents now, then theres one thing I understood accourding on my own relationship with parents. Its when the kid does something wrong and mum starts to yell cos she thinks the kid wants to make her mad, but whos said that? Maybe kid just doesnt understand some of the acts he does, thats why its not always right...
Anyway hi, nice to meet you
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1987 FXSTC
Not Ranked     
Nice to meet you too Alisa...unusual for me to find someone actually online at this time of night (3:30 in the morning here in Seattle).

I remember when I was a kid, getting yelled at by my father about something and thinking to myself, "I will never treat my children like this when I am a father". Years later when I was a father I found myself doing some of the same things,, yelling at my kids the way my father yelled at me....i have worked to change that. A year or so ago I was yelling at my son (then 14) about arguing with his younger sister. He asked me how me yelling at them was going to teach them to not yell at each other. I obviiously had no answer for that. I thanked him for helping me get my head out of my ass and hopefully being a better father. I can't remember that last time I raised my voice at my kids. You're never to old to learn and change I guess.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Nice to meet you too Alisa...unusual for me to find someone actually online at this time of night (3:30 in the morning here in Seattle).

I remember when I was a kid, getting yelled at by my father about something and thinking to myself, "I will never treat my children like this when I am a father". Years later when I was a father I found myself doing some of the same things,, yelling at my kids the way my father yelled at me....i have worked to change that. A year or so ago I was yelling at my son (then 14) about arguing with his younger sister. He asked me how me yelling at them was going to teach them to not yell at each other. I obviiously had no answer for that. I thanked him for helping me get my head out of my ass and hopefully being a better father. I can't remember that last time I raised my voice at my kids. You're never to old to learn and change I guess.
yeah this is right!
My dad is just like you, he wasnt happy in his childhood and he always wanted to be a better dad for me than his dad was for him. He always mentions that and knowing his parents (my grandparents) I realize that he's right...He does for me much more and cares for me much more than his parents did and cared for him... He works 24/7 trying to earn money just to buy me everything I need, when his parents didnt buy him some plastic soldiers when he was 6...He started to cry when they didnt want to buy it and some other man, standing in that store came to my dad and said "Cmon, kid, dont cry, I'll buy you those plastic soldiers!" Haha...and my dad always remembers that moment when he yells at me. He always explains me that he yells at me NOT because he doesnt love me, or I annoy him or something, he yells just because he's so damn tired working 7 days a week just to be able to buy me something more cool than plastic soldiers.. I hope ur kids also understand that you yell not cos ur a bad dad
Old 03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: AIH LSC/ Police Electraglide
Not Ranked     
I think i'm going to start crying.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by LSCTommy
I think i'm going to start crying.
Go for it
Old 03-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 1987 FXSTC
Not Ranked     
Alisa - Yeah it sounds like your dad loves you and is trying to make sure you have a better life than he did. Like I said I rarely yell at my kids anymore. My youngest is my daughter Kate, she will be 14 next week. She is into bikes also and wants to learn to ride and wrench so she is going to help me work on my Softail. She got some tools for Christmas and seems to have a natural ability with things mechanical and likes getting her hands dirty. It would be cool to get a semi-basket case Sportster, have her help me rebuild it and then surprise her, hand her the keys and give her the bike. I hope to make that happen in a couple years.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Alisa - Yeah it sounds like your dad loves you and is trying to make sure you have a better life than he did. Like I said I rarely yell at my kids anymore. My youngest is my daughter Kate, she will be 14 next week. She is into bikes also and wants to learn to ride and wrench so she is going to help me work on my Softail. She got some tools for Christmas and seems to have a natural ability with things mechanical and likes getting her hands dirty. It would be cool to get a semi-basket case Sportster, have her help me rebuild it and then surprise her, hand her the keys and give her the bike. I hope to make that happen in a couple years.
This is cool! Good for ya, keep it up:P
Old 03-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Suzuki shit kicker
Not Ranked     
Well said Solis and all for that matter.

I said in a forum that Satan was a cartoon and some guy (bryanTTM) starts preaching to me and tells me I'm going to HELL!!!

Talk about disrespectfull.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 03 big dog chopper/02 roadking
Not Ranked     
Ok

SHAWN AND BIG B-I will try to quit telling midget stories and some of the other off color stuff. It is to bad you guys don't know me cause you would expect me to say what I sometimes say. mo
Old 04-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
respect respect......
Old 04-02-2005, 08:16 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 05 BD chop 117" s&s
Not Ranked     
Hi Alisa....i was just wondering what brings a young girl like yourself to a chopper forum....does your dad or family ride?

Wild
Old 04-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Wild
Hi Alisa....i was just wondering what brings a young girl like yourself to a chopper forum....does your dad or family ride?

Wild
Yeah my uncle rides. I came here to read and learn some stuff about bikes which I dont know yet before I get my own toy
Old 04-02-2005, 09:53 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 02 NightTrain, 250 ST, 250 Rigid
Send a message via AIM to Vicodinwizard Send a message via Yahoo to Vicodinwizard
Not Ranked     
I need a hug.......

"R.E.S.P.E.C.T. FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS TO ME"

Actually, what I need is a hug, and some new handlebars, set of triple trees, forks, rear fender, wheel, rotor, pulley, swingarm.......

~Vico~

"You can judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing to them or for them. "
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: "05 Death Trap
Not Ranked     
Vico......
With loud pipes and irritation for all.

~redrigid~
Old 04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04 Reaper with your Mom on the back!
Not Ranked     
Just wanted to keep this thread going incase some of the ASSHOLES missed it!