Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: chopperfugger
Posted On: Today
Replies: 31
Views: 6,202
Oil vs fuel vs transmission line?
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 5
Views: 95
99 brake caliper on a 2000 fork?
Last Post: masterjedifocus
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 141
return throttle cable
Posted On: 09-17-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 102
Tallest engine in the frame?
Posted On: 09-15-2019
Replies: 58
Views: 9,365
More...
Old 03-26-2005, 08:17 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: AIH LSC/ Police Electraglide
Not Ranked     
I agree Mav.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2007 Choppermutt 107ci, 280RSD
Not Ranked     
I was 6 when I received a hand-me-down mini-bike. Problem was it didn't run.....So I talked my Dad into buying a second one for $20.00 to use the parts to get the first one going. It worked, now the problem was I couldn't find a belt to fit the drive. It had a centrifugal clutch set up. After weeks of looking for a belt, and many hundreds of times starting the mini-bike but not being able to get it to move. I decided cut a piece of nylon rope, put it around the drive, tied a knot in it and started the mini-bike. To my surpirse the thing moved. I would get about 20mins. out a rope belt, then the nylon would get too hot and melt. I tried other ropes but the nylon one worked best. From that point on I have tweaked, turned, built, rebuilt, taken apart, put back together tons of stuff from Motorcycles to sump pumps........motorcycles from the beginning have always been my favorite to work.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Yamaha Virago, Triumph Bonneville
Not Ranked     
I got picked up hitchhiking when I was 15 by a guy riding an Allstate motorscooter. I was a bit nervous since my mother was always harping about how dangerous two wheelers were. The fellow and I became good friends and went all over western Pennsylvania on that thing. I didn't get my own bike till 1972, but have been riding ever since.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 18 yrs old lady movin to the US
Send a message via ICQ to alisa mugano Send a message via AIM to alisa mugano
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by MAV
Shouldnt there be an age limit here.....there are some things being said and shown on here that I would not my kids looking at!

thanks for caring anyway....
Old 03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: S&S 124/3hun/ 54*rake/ 5out/ -2.5 down
Not Ranked     
Have always been into bikes, I think originally because they were cheaper and easier to get, than a car. I've had a bike of 1 kind or another since I was young, saw my first pro-street chop about 8 years ago and it was love @ 1st sight, and it was a matter of time before I got one. So you don't have a story of your own??
Old 03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
It all started waching Evil Kenevil. Then we used to jump shopping carts on our Schwinn Stingray's (still got scars from some of my Cesars Pallace type landings.

When I was thirteen I rased enough money to buy some kid's yami 80 with the vice grip shifter. I had to keep it at a friends house, NO WAY was Ma gonna let me have one.

When I was about 17 my old man came back arround and feeling guilty he bought me a Kawi 440 LTD for $500 wich I rode for about a year. Then at tech school I met a guy from Iowa who just put togeather a hard tail Honda 450. He liked my bike so we swapped. The rest is still being written
Old 03-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 93"shovel fxr.+1947 hardtail
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

mate got a trisba out of a barn jumped on it rode down the track fell off.exhaust burnt my leg,at sixteen she will have heard worse than what is on here,got to start somewhere goodluck
Old 03-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 99 cust softail 80CI
Not Ranked     
My best friend was a comercial crabber in alaska. He came home one year and had enough cash to buy a corvette and a 98 herritage softail. When he went back up for the summer he left me the keys to both and said don't let the battery die, and enjoy the bike, JUST DON"T CRASH. Truley my best friend. I have always liked bikes and had one when I was 16. it was a honda something, that when my dad say he made me sale for about 1000 less than what I spent on it as soon as he saw it. I built my first bike 4 years ago.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: too many
Send a message via AIM to Judge
Not Ranked     
Re: So when and why all of you became interested...

Quote:
Originally posted by alisa mugano
...in all this bikes stuff and when did u get ur first bike? Tell your story!
I started riding at age 5...racing at 6. My grandma and grandpa rode with a club (Blackhawks) out of Ohio. I was surrounded by choppers of all sorts since birth. I saw everything from WWII bikes chopped all the way to the 70's long front end bikes....have ridden every kind of bike I oculd get my hands on. I had to quit riding dirt at 16....tried to do a triple....and cased. The bike spit me, I landed first and she landed second...right on my lower back. I now have two fused vert's (L2 and L3) and dirt is not a good idea. I have been into sportbikes lately....roadracing and all...but I have been missing the Chopper thing...miss the HD sound so I had the Buell and decided that it was time to do a frame. I test prototype vehicles and do a ton of fab work so I decided to make the jig and go from there. All I have had was an idea and measurement requirements to go from and I think my bike is turningout sweet so far. I run a bridgeport and lathe as well as Mig, TIG and gas weld and have recently gotten into the English wheel. I like to do it all myself....one day I will try to paint.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' TEXAS CHOPPER 124ci.
Not Ranked     
4-years old, got my first mini-bike, my parents said I couldn't even ride a bicycle yet! My cousins owned a big lot and they had mini-bikes and go-carts. So I guess my parents thought it was OK to go fast and wreck! I've had some form of 2-wheeler ever since. Been as fast as 170mph on a Kawasaki Ninja and as SLOW as stopped when I flipped my buddies brand-new Kawasaki KDX80 his dad bought for him when I was 14....I think. Needless to say his dad wasn't happy when his boy brought his new bike home with NO rear fender and a fucked up tail pipe. But it was all good after he found out I was going about 40mph on the back wheel when it went over!!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoWilli
Not Ranked     
When I was 5 yo, neighbor of ours and friend of my parents in the trailer park had a real cute wife who from old pictures was definately made for me, I told her I was going to marry her when I grew up, her husband had a harley chopper, used to take me for rides up to the city dump, he would shoot rats on the garbage pile with a pistol....... I thought he was a god, but I liked his wife too My dad was proud, his boy knew how to pick em. *as my mother tells the story with tears in her eyes on the verge of hysterical laughter*
And Evil Knevil, I knew I was just as invincible at an early age or so I thought.

If there's anyone who remembers this kid from the trailer park in Rutland Vt who was sweet on his wife about 67-68' . how's she doing these days?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
I saw easy rider when it came out in 69,I was 16...told myself I can build a bike like that.

its funny how you look back in life and find the small things that set you on your way.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: bdm chopper
Not Ranked     
Good topic...interesting. I started out at age 9 on a 1970 Rupp Scrambler. Been trying to buy one on ebay. Damn ,they are expensive now.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2004 HD VRSCB, 2005 AIH Legend
Not Ranked     
18 years ago, my brother got his second bike, a 1985 Honda V65 Magna. I was 15, and he kept it in our Mom's garage (he got kicked out the year before ). He kept the trip meter reset to zero and told me it better stay that way all the time, so DON'T RIDE IT! I did not know how to ride, so I learned on that bike a few blocks at a time, and every time I pulled back into the garage, I reset the trip meter to zero (DUH!).

By the time I turned 16, I knew how to ride, and he let me use it - my Mom didn't stop me (a crazy, stupid, life-threatening move - do you know how much power a V65 Magna has?). I survived, and I have had motorcycles every year since then, I am on my eighth, and will be getting my ninth within a month.

Alisa, how about posting some pictures of yourself---wait, your 16? OK, I better not ask. Nice to have you aboard!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: One off custom 96" EL BRUTO
Send a message via AIM to ROCKINREDNEK Send a message via Yahoo to ROCKINREDNEK
Not Ranked     
As best as I can remember....I was 12 or 13. went to New Orleans with my parents. On one street there was a long line of bikes and a crowd of bikers out front. What really caught my eyes was how "unhandsome" the guys were...but the women they were with were hot!!!! The only thing that they had in common were the bikes. (Cool bike=fine women) So I got one as soon as I could afford one.

www.bikerornot.com