Club Chopper Forums ychrome  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

  •  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Starting a New Build but its not a CFL
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: Today
Replies: 10
Views: 971
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Poop
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 12
Views: 1,349
5 speed quadseal and enclosed primary
Last Post: Am4wag
Posted On: 07-14-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 69
Mounting WCC belt guard on Brute V
Last Post: modekko
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 1
Views: 55
bmc
Last Post: pushrod243
Posted On: 07-13-2019
Replies: 2
Views: 107
More...
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Junior Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 5
Not Ranked     
2007 Big Bear Screamin Demon Parts List

Just purchased this bike a month ago. This is my first custom. It needs some TLC. Right now I am dealing with a starter/solenoid issue. I will likely have to rebuild or replace the starter or hopefully just the solenoid. I also only have one key. I've been to several hardware and bike shops locally and no luck for a key.

I've contacted Big Bear directly and their response was "Sorry we no longer have any information for these bikes." I also do not have a local authorized Big Bear repair shop.

I have the VIN #, the motor numbers, etc. Anyone have any idea how I can get a parts list or some source of information on the parts?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM
golfish's Avatar
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alta Loma, Ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Posts: 3,799
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisej View Post
Just purchased this bike a month ago. This is my first custom. It needs some TLC. Right now I am dealing with a starter/solenoid issue. I will likely have to rebuild or replace the starter or hopefully just the solenoid. I also only have one key. I've been to several hardware and bike shops locally and no luck for a key.

I've contacted Big Bear directly and their response was "Sorry we no longer have any information for these bikes." I also do not have a local authorized Big Bear repair shop.

I have the VIN #, the motor numbers, etc. Anyone have any idea how I can get a parts list or some source of information on the parts?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I built one of their bikes in 2006. Do you know if they built it ? The new BBC doesn't want to deal with their old bikes because of the frame issues. If I recall, they used Spyke starters, its just an HD evo softail starter.

FWIW, I don't recall if the SD frames were on the recall list, I dont think so.

Does it have an S&S engine and Baker trans?

This thread might explain the reason why the "new" BBC doesn't want to help with your bike. It might be the biggest Dick move to ever hit the business...
BBC frame weld problems
__________________
There ain't nothing like a friend, that can tell you your just pissin in the wind.

Last edited by golfish; 06-08-2019 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Junior Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 5
Not Ranked     
From what I know it was built by them and it does have the S&S and the Baker Tranny. And I think you are right about the frame. I have not seen the Demon on the recall either.

I appreciate all the information. I know it's a "custom" but was still hoping for a parts list. From the research I've done looks like I am going to have to document the parts myself.

One last question if you or anyone can help. Since I will likely be replacing the starter on recommendations on an upgrade? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2019, 01:39 PM
golfish's Avatar
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alta Loma, Ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Posts: 3,799
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisej View Post
From what I know it was built by them and it does have the S&S and the Baker Tranny. And I think you are right about the frame. I have not seen the Demon on the recall either.

I appreciate all the information. I know it's a "custom" but was still hoping for a parts list. From the research I've done looks like I am going to have to document the parts myself.

One last question if you or anyone can help. Since I will likely be replacing the starter on recommendations on an upgrade? Thanks again.
Technically it's not a custom, it's a factory bike, the factory just went BK . If it still has the factory starter than there really isn't an upgrade. The Spyke startes are about as good as it gets.

I'd just remove the starter and take it to your local Indy shop and have them order you a new one. It's just two bolts, the cable bolt and a plug. Those starters are about $360.00. You also might be able to have it rebuilt. You can find the Ultima starters for about $160.00 on Ebay and Amazon. I've read good things about them but they're not an upgrade.

Good luck
__________________
There ain't nothing like a friend, that can tell you your just pissin in the wind.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2019, 02:27 PM
pushrod243's Avatar
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Central Florida, FL
Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Posts: 13,630
Blog Entries: 333
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
I sell the All Balls I seem to have the best luck with those. I have used them all
__________________
John
Scooters Performance
31615 Long Acre Dr
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:38 PM
golfish's Avatar
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alta Loma, Ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Posts: 3,799
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod243 View Post
I sell the All Balls I seem to have the best luck with those. I have used them all
OP, if you want to save some time and money, contact pushrod241 and he can send you the right starter. As mention, the All Balls starters are top of the line....

If you post up some pictures of parts you want to ID we may be able to help you. Lots of common parts on these bikes used by HD, and other factory built bikes like Big Dog and such. I have a custom bike that uses a lot of the same parts that my BBC does, did....

Call Scooters Performance at 407-330-2056
__________________
There ain't nothing like a friend, that can tell you your just pissin in the wind.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:21 AM
waxlrose's Avatar
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Bike Year, Make, Engine: BBC, FXDL, XL
Posts: 112
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisej View Post
Just purchased this bike a month ago. This is my first custom. It needs some TLC. Right now I am dealing with a starter/solenoid issue. I will likely have to rebuild or replace the starter or hopefully just the solenoid. I also only have one key. I've been to several hardware and bike shops locally and no luck for a key.

I've contacted Big Bear directly and their response was "Sorry we no longer have any information for these bikes." I also do not have a local authorized Big Bear repair shop.

I have the VIN #, the motor numbers, etc. Anyone have any idea how I can get a parts list or some source of information on the parts?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I also own a Screamin Demon. It's not my daily ride, but I purchased it back in 2012 and never had any issues until today. S&S motor, Baker tranny, PM brakes etc.
I know the reputation of the Company is very bad, but it'a a good bike and makes lot of fun.

Do you have a pic of the bike?
__________________
I don't wanna change the world, I don't want the world to change me
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2019, 08:58 AM
golfish's Avatar
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alta Loma, Ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Posts: 3,799
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxlrose View Post
I also own a Screamin Demon. It's not my daily ride, but I purchased it back in 2012 and never had any issues until today. S&S motor, Baker tranny, PM brakes etc.
I know the reputation of the Company is very bad, but it'a a good bike and makes lot of fun.

Do you have a pic of the bike?
Good to hear. I lover my BBC, I dont know why I let it go.

At the end it was robb from peter to pay paul. They were taking orders fof bikes right up to the very end, knowing all along those bikes were never going to get built.
__________________
There ain't nothing like a friend, that can tell you your just pissin in the wind.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Junior Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Lancaster, NY
Posts: 5
Not Ranked     
Thanks for all the replies. Got the bike out of the shop. The starter got replaced along with the jackshaft and the starter ring gear. I've got a Braille 800CCA battery on the way. I've only got a 200 CCA in there now but with a 1000 CCA jumper on it and no decompression it turns over nicely. Actually as long as it's not on the decompression stroke (and the engine is warm) it actually starts but if it is on the decompression stroke forget it.

My shop also said that if I don't get the right battery they will not warranty the starter. I am thinking it should be good. Worse case I guess I could always keep a spark plug wrench with me if the battery dies and it's on the decompression stroke.

Thanks again for all the replies. I am going to continue to document all the parts for this bike as it is all original. Any questions about BBC Screamin Demons please PM me. Thanks again everyone. I hope to give back after all the help.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2019, 12:41 PM
golfish's Avatar
Know Nothing
Visit my Photo Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alta Loma, Ca
Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06 BBC DA...
Posts: 3,799
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisej View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Got the bike out of the shop. The starter got replaced along with the jackshaft and the starter ring gear. I've got a Braille 800CCA battery on the way. I've only got a 200 CCA in there now but with a 1000 CCA jumper on it and no decompression it turns over nicely. Actually as long as it's not on the decompression stroke (and the engine is warm) it actually starts but if it is on the decompression stroke forget it.
.
800 CCA? Thats more then twice what you need. I just installed a Shoria battery that has 315CCA. Its more then I need.
__________________
There ain't nothing like a friend, that can tell you your just pissin in the wind.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0

CC Policy

The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubchopper.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners or moderators. clubchopper.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or have been given the expressed written consent to post. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). For full policy, please click the "CC policy" link. Thank you for visiting the clubchopper.com
Links monetized by VigLink