Club Chopper Forums Industrial Parts House  

Go Back   Club Chopper Forums > GENERAL CHOPPER TALK AREA > All Chopper Talk

Welcome to Club Chopper!  The World's largest and coolest place to be on the net if you dig the following!

•  » Custom Bikes
  •  » Killer Paint
  •  » Old School Craftsmanship
  •  » Building and Wrenching
  •  » Hot Babes
  •  » Chopper Build Logs

...then you have come to the right place!

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Chopper Tech
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Tech Article
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Club Chop Gallery

Club Chopper Gallery

Submit Your Photos!

Active Threads
Whats this Thing Worth??????
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 7
Views: 325
West Coast Choppers CFL dam near complete parts build for sale!!
Last Post: Killerone719
Posted On: Yesterday
Replies: 35
Views: 9,645
WTB: chopper fucker battery box
Last Post: STEINBVG
Posted On: 12-07-2019
Replies: 9
Views: 16,359
Black Diamond Build
Last Post: Spade115
Posted On: 12-06-2019
Replies: 48
Views: 22,969
Eyes
Last Post: Shovel52
Posted On: 12-04-2019
Replies: 7
Views: 2,324
More...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: > 1
Not Ranked     
Something tells me that these two wealthy high profile sources could, and would rather resolve the issue without making a spectacle out of it. If not, shame on OCC.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 72 xlch
Not Ranked     
I'm suprized every occ owner hasn't sued

what a bunch of nonbike building hacks , they sould go back to making porch railings

if you had one of their bikes and it didn't work right , would you send it back to those incommpitent fools , theyed send you back a differant bike cause they couldn't figger out what was wrong with it , look what they did with mikeys bike , the back tyre wouldn't wrk so they just threw on another one , come on , get real

lets run and meet death , before he comes looking for us
Old 10-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 RSD 300
Not Ranked     
Dont take this the wrong way because I am not trying to start another one of those pissing matches.

I have seen many guys running around on bikes in this forum, that I may think are junk and I have also had quite a few e-mails from guys on here that all purchased from a certain bike kit company asking for help because stuff wasn't working right and wasn't lining up.
The next day I will see the same guy saying how much his bike rules and the company he purchased it from have been more than helpful, blah blah blah.
I think that a guy does not want to de-value a machine that he is so heavily invested in. Maybe after they have sold these machines, they will sing a different tune.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2004, 05:05 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 06' Bagger
Not Ranked     
The difference between Leno and I is... I retailed those bikes to customers. Now if something goes wrong with the bike they come back to me, NOT OCC. And in order to keep my dealership name clean I stood behind every bike. (Back then OCC had a 3yr warranty.) Well then I tried to collect from them, you would always get," the checks in the mail". Well my customers could care less if I get paid from them. They bought the bike from me. So I stand behind the bikes and get f-cked in the back end. They still owe us money. What comes around, goes around! Tell Leno to give me call, we can swap stories. LOL
Old 10-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2003, Walz HardCore Cycles, Revtech 100
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by motormouse
The correct spelling is Brough Superior. It's the brand that Lawrence of Arabia was riding when he crashed and died.
Did you call up for me ?? LOLOLOL
Old 10-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
As I see it OCC got more than whatever Jay Leno paid them for the bike. What would a five minute advertising spot cost on a show such as the Tonight Show? Plus Jay's implied endorsement of OCC and their products has got to be worth a fortune. ($Millions$?)

If Leno is having problems with his bike from OCC, I think he has an ethical obligation to force them to "make it right." If they are unable to fix the bike I would love to see Leno go on the air and explain to the public what happened. If he is going to allow OCC to come on his show and endorse their product then I think he should also be an advocate for the consumer and if there is a problem tell us what happened and what was or was not done to correct the problem.

I suspect the money has little to do with Leno's motivation to sue. He is probably like most of us and doesn't like the feeling of being swindled and taken advantage of.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Yamaha Virago, Triumph Bonneville
Not Ranked     
Can't help it. I am an old limey bike nut. I'd love to get my hands on a 1939 SS100 Brough. Couldn't afford it though. Lawrence's bike recently sold at auction for somewhere around $3 million.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 07 SMW Godfather
Not Ranked     
Leno/OCC

I just hope Leno gets what is rightfully his,if he paid for it he should have it right.BigChris you should do the same thing Leno is doing if the ammount is worth it. Anyone got a pic of the Brough Lawrence was riding??? BTW occ sucks and if they are screwing their customers they will fall by the wayside as the fad they are ....
Old 10-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Sold It..!!
Send a message via AIM to BigSteak
Not Ranked     
You know what...I can't help but like OCC. Everyone here knows they have skills. Paul Senior has worked his ass off most his life to get what he has. I've been dreaming about having something like that since I was 4 years old. I would be happy with a shop one quarter that size. If anyone is messing things up, it's Paulie Junior. The guy is talented but he's a lazy, un-appreciative baby. You notice any other of those guys at OCC slack as much as Paulie does? Whatever, I hope for Paul Seniors sake that it's not true. Just one opinion.........
Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Senior Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: something BIGDOG can't build,.a CHOPPER!
Not Ranked     
WOW!,... craps'manship is key to their success and now there down fall,.. who would of thought?,... HA HA HA!!!!

i love idiot consumers,. "let's get in to the chopper craze" and now "choppers are shitty poor crafted bikes",.. NO KIDDING!,.. like that's new or something?

this is all boiling right back down to the talents of salesmen selling things they know nothing about,.... and i'm not talking about "choppers" i'm talking about "long fork production bikes",.. because a "chopper" is not something you order up in a book,.. a "chopper" is the after math of some one with a vision of self expresion and desire to show it,.. now every ones getting mad because there favorite retail bike outlet is selling substandard products,.. just like knock off of any thing else,. looks good, but sucks hard!,. OCC is proof of it right now!,.. like you said nothing ever fits right

just goes to show you,.. you CAN'T get what you pay for in EVERY THING in life,.... some things you need to build your self,. and that's how chopping was born any how,. untill fruit-cakes like "arlen ness" and his traveling curcus bike freak show retailed the hell out of the god-awfull tacky high volume cycle candy!,. now every one with a thick wallet is suddenly a "chopper/custom" bike "GUY"!,... not a bike owner but a bike guy!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Senior Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: something BIGDOG can't build,.a CHOPPER!
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by BigSteak
You know what...I can't help but like OCC. Everyone here knows they have skills. Paul Senior has worked his ass off most his life to get what he has. I've been dreaming about having something like that since I was 4 years old. I would be happy with a shop one quarter that size. If anyone is messing things up, it's Paulie Junior. The guy is talented but he's a lazy, un-appreciative baby. You notice any other of those guys at OCC slack as much as Paulie does? Whatever, I hope for Paul Seniors sake that it's not true. Just one opinion.........
man did you get sucked in hard,...

right paul deserves?,.. one day at a bike rally that asshole was so wrapped up in him self OCC charged the public $20 a pop to get a signature and say hi to that idiot,.. nice friendly chopper hero eh?

or my favorite artical was in "the HORSE" two months back where the 'blue knights" treked 400 miles to visit there favorite "chopper" builder OCC,... they were greeted by a hostile asshole at the front and told they were denied access to ANYWHERE,. so go buy a t-shirt and be happy they got that close,....

hey bigsteak?,... care to guess who the "blue knights" are?

there members of the "police,fire and paramedic"s in the eastern region and form a huge following of bike enthusiasts who made a day long ride in the rain and cold to see the same people that built a motorcycle to honor the fallen of there profesion

nice how they make money off the honor of the same civil servants they wont see for a lousy half a fucking hour EH?

FUCK OCC!,.. i hope LENO makes it right for ALL of us!

Last edited by El'Choppahead; 10-03-2004 at 09:07 PM..
Old 10-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Rigid Sporty in the works
Not Ranked     
El'Choppahead, you could not have said it better. occ is a joke.
It makes me laugh at all of those who beleive they have any talent at all. Do you remember the seat pan in a can? My 12 year old neice could have figured out how to use it. I'm not sayin' I'm a pro-builder, I'm far from it. But, I know what I like and know what I want in a bike and I'm gonna build what I want, not what I can get from some brochure.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 74 Ironhead
Send a message via Yahoo to RippoDippo
Not Ranked     
Old 10-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 04' Texas Chopper & 05' H-D Road King
Send a message via AIM to run_eight Send a message via Yahoo to run_eight
Not Ranked     
You said it brother, money talks and bullshit walks. Screw me out of my money and the gloves are off, I pay for something I expect it to work as intended and if it don't I expect it to be taken care of. Heck anyone with average intellegence would expect that ,who's OCC to think Leno would just stand by and not do anything if they are playing games about honoring their work.

Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom
Do you think because you have a little more money than the average guy that you care about the money any less?
If Leno got fucked on this $150K deal, it would be like the average guy getting fucked on a $15K deal. The average guy would fight to his last breath for $15K, so I imagine Leno would do the same.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Sold It..!!
Send a message via AIM to BigSteak
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally posted by El'Choppahead
they were greeted by a hostile asshole at the front and told they were denied access to ANYWHERE
Not too sure about that one. Have some friends that made a treck there from CT and they talked to the guys for about 30 minutes, took pictures, autographs, etc. Whatever........