Well get ready to laugh, this is a good one!
So I'm trying to put on the front rotor when I notice there is no notch for the speedo sending unit. Then I take a closer look at the rear, which is installed already and I see that I have reversed the rotors! God I am stupid sometimes! Ok, most of the time, I admit it. I fixed it in under 30 minutes, including installing the front rotor. Man they look nice!
I had to change the rear tail lamp bracket because after I cut it, it was too weak to support the license plate without vibrating. Another dumb mistake but I wanted to share so someone else might prevent it from happening to them.
Here is a tip to save you a few bucks. Ace Hardware stocks good chrome hardware for replacing out those old tarnished bolts. I couldn't believe how many kinds they actually carry, SAE and Metric! After a few trips, I've got most of the obvious ones changed out. I also put some acorn nuts aroud the oil
tank brackets. They look pretty good now!
I'm close to finishing the 1st phase at just over $3000 in better parts. If that rear brake line ever shows up, I will be able to put the pipes back on and take some good overall pictures to post.