View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 12:59 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt alex View Post
Hi I am well into building my version of an old school cafe racer.
My riding experience is limited to commuting to work but I gave up riding when I started my own business and was worried if I hurt myself I may not have been able to provide for my family.
But now I am retired and wanted to build something just for me.
The old bikes I use to ride are all considered collector bikes now and where to expensive as a project starter.
Then a friend told me of a 2002 Suzuki SV650 that had been left at his workshop and the owner hadn't gone ahead with repairs. I wasn't too keen to start with as it didn't match the typical cafe style, but I went home and scribbled some sketches and decided to go with it as a $500 starter.
I have now owned it about 3 years and it's off the road more than on but that's my fault, I keep pulling it apart to move closer to my design.
I have a mechanical back ground but no fancy tools and so far am very happy with what I have done.
I am always interested in learning more and getting the feed back of others.

Here are some pictures. The last is current state trying to make a new Tank from a
old Honda tank.
Trying an other mock up I think I almost have the tank position sorted, 1cm lower at the back and I think it will be sweet.
Attached Thumbnails
SV 650 Cafe Racer Old School-img_20210808_122649.jpg