View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-19; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball75 View Post
i have got a 2 pin stator and my rectifier has the same 2 pin plus an extra wire. I am assuming that wire should run directly to the positive side battery with a fuse right? The charging system kit i got has no directions and the wireing diagrams i found on the internet have more wires than what i have. Mainly a "trigger wire and separate ground wire. I have my rectifier mounted to the front monitor mount bolts with a steel bracket, that should be enough to ground it out right?

On top of that, is that 2 pin directional cause it fits both ways in the hole. This isn't the exact system but same looking thing. https://www.denniskirk.com/v-factor/...prd/209980.sku

it's on my ultima 127 250 pro street. Thanks for the assistance!
2 pin connector carries alternating current from the stator to the rectifier, where it gets converted to 12 v direct current.
1 long wire is positive, goes to the battery. And the other wire [ nonexistent]is the negative: the body of the rectifier has to be attached via 2 bolts with star washers to the frame/bracket to carry the current.
the positive wire juices the battery via main breaker to prevent cooking.

Also I don't like Harley schematics allowing rectifier to be permanently connected to the battery even with the main fuse. If the rectifier goes bad, it may drain the battery.
Instead, I attach the rectifier wire to the "BAT" post of the ignition key where the battery main wire meets it, allowing to charge[ and i's already protected by the main fuse]
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 1998/2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech FL 2014/2019 bobber