View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 03:15 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2008 124" S&S Pro Street, 2010 Road King
Not Ranked     
The mirrors do not have a chassis ground, so I would agree that your assertion is correct that one of the power supply wires is +5VDC and the other is -5VDC (ground). In this case then, and judging by the calibration trigger circuit (button) the +5VDC would be the blue wire and the negative would be the grey wire (because it is bussed to both mirrors). You can test this by using a digital multimeter and testing the +5VDC output at the power supply and then transposing the test leads (switching them to the opposite wires) to see if the indication on the meter goes from positive to negative... Also, I will tell you that these mirrors DO NOT LIKE a power source other than a typical battery, so if you are using a 12VDC power supply you might want to try using an actual battery instead... let us know how it goes....

Mak
C'mon Scary, theres a decending order of cool and WCC is at the top, we all know its true and the only thing that would make me cooler would be a bike with a vagina I could fuck start in front of 7-11 during a scratch off banaza sale. Cole 02/15/09