View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2006 Buell Blast
Send a message via Yahoo to Spade115
Not Ranked     
Not a problem man, I learned alot from this group and happy to pass the information on. Hell I see my buddy list on the left side and miss seeing alot of the people post.

Look for a base model that you want. (Suspension bike, Softail) then you can look into one that has the front end you want Softail Springer, or other.

you can also save cost of parts by going this route. A softail springer for 6k is going to be cheaper than, frame for 1000 (low guess), Springer Front end (500 for DNA, 1000 min for a better brand) and then motor, trans (HD sells refurbished ones for roughly 3k last I checked, 80 Evo 5 speed) and then primary, bolts, nuts, spacers, washer ect ect.

Hell I picked up a rigid with my uncle that has (estimate) 20k in parts for 5500. you can pick up someones project (running hopefully) and go that route or start from a blank canvas and have at it as well.

Keep your eyes out and think of a budget you want to stick to and what you want.

I have a 35mm NG on my FXR and LOVE the way it handles, on the Rigid I have a springer (looks Narrow) and it runs smooth as ice. For Everyday I like the Rigid for solo and FXR for 2 up, distance riding (longer than 20-30 miles)
Grease
Quote:
Originally Posted by apehangeralfy View Post
When I roll by cows in the winter, they get jealous:
LBS