View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 04:28 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
I tried the search feature but apparently am not smart enough to get it to work.
I got this bike in a trade and did not much more than hear it run. so I know nothing about it. supposed to have less than 2000 miles on it.
pressure comes up to 20 or so when I start it but in just a few seconds it drops to nothing. even when up to hiway revs. pumps up to 10 or so in just a few cranks if I just crank it and don't try to start it. It has a new gauge on it. I changed the oil and filter and cleaned the witch's hat. It is a 100 inch Revtech.
I did a google search and the first search result was saying that the pump usually dosnt go bad, that the spring in the pressure relief valve is usually the problem. I did not dig through all the other results. I knew somebody here could help and I could ask questions instead of just reading.
Oil lines routed correctly? Oil line that goes into the filter has to enter into it,s center nipple and comes out from the outside nipple??? The filter is one directional.

Assuming the oil gauge is correct. ( I personally Never had use for them, just an idiot light which comes with the engines. in the past in my early builds I would also visually check if the oil returns to the oil tank looking in with a flash light. )

And one more thing .Have you primed the oil pump?
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 1998/2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech FL 2014/2019 bobber