View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: All bastards
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jap Slap View Post
So what ever happen to the CB900 you were going to convert to chain drive? Sounds like you really don't want to chop a GW. When I was a much younger man I work at a Honda Shop always though the stripped down Interstates would make a great fat tire bobber, but you said you didn't like fat tires, so why waste time on something you are not really interested in?
I turned the 900 around for an "offer I couldn't refuse" for a bro who burned up a 750 dual cammer. I still have the supercharger for a later project, but I'm not quite sure what yet.

I have a few spare CB/CL twin motors, and this dude wants to chop one. And as far as the goldwing, what a challenge that would be. the motor sits low and flat, it would make a nice fatty bobber, but I have some freaky plans in mind for a complete custom frame rather than just doing back half. I want to build another long skinny chopper that is a little more Freeway friendly than the small twin now that I have to lay down some real miles to hit the Smokeout.

This is a BMW, but it is as close as I can find to what I am thinking frame wise. I don't like allot things about this bike but the frame geometry looks right.