Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Club Chopper Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: Custom
Send a message via Yahoo to pushrod243
Not Ranked     
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanny431 View Post
hey I am kind of new to this so take it easy....I have a question I ride a custom with 113ci S&S and in the owners manual it just says trickshift 6 speed transmission it is a RSD 1 1/2 inch belt the only thing I can see on the tranny is this number W050701225 ....I was riding yesterday and th ank god I was coming home but the bike started clanging and the bdl was m aking more noise than usual and I had to limp home (all this happened with in a 20 block radius) an d when I barely got it in the driveway I started looking around at what the hell was wrong and I cant see anything...then I grabbed lthe belt (back belt) and it was loose as hell...and this belt is usually tighter than hell so it obvoiusly has something to do with it but I dont know what could make that happen..the bike is a 2008 so its damn near new....can any of you fellas give me any advice as to what this could be..before I have to take it to the shop? I really dont know anything about this so anyone that can help I would erally appreciate it.. Thanks Kev
Is the tranny leaking? It could just have backed the nut off holding the pulley on the tranny. I had a stock HD do this last week. It killed the threads in the pulley we had to replace it and the sprocket shaft spacer and seal and it was good to go. It may not leak if it loosens up.

another place to look is the trap door. If it loosens up it should be leaking. Rare but I have sen them come loose.......
Suite 104
Sorrento, FL 32776
www.scootersperformance.com
(four0seven)330-2056