Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Club Chopper Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Bike Year, Make, Engine: 2010-14; MYSELF; 96",113",120",127"
Not Ranked     
Is the rolling chassis your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugnasty View Post
i just got my frame, a softail bobber 200. Bought the rolling chassis. I ordered directly from the vendor and did run into some issues. But in the end i got what i wanted. Now i am on a tight budget, but then who isn't these days lol. I have never built a bike before, but with luck, i will have this built soon. My plan is to build a bagger/chopper. I want the fairings and bags. With a rake of 36 and trees at 6, this is becoming an issue. Most fairings are for normal rakes. I have already picked out several parts i will work on getting soon. And once i do start the build i will post pics here. So if anyone else is building the same frame, i would love to share notes along the way too.

Bugnasty
aka rob
if it is- it seems to have a great agressive stance. Did it come as a complete roller?

I'm a bit surprised that for such a mild neck rake(36) you have quite a big rake in the tree(6)- which must make your trail to be in a rather short range, but hopefully not less than 2''.anything less- you might face a high speed wobble . Check it out.

Have you thought to have the bags/ fairings to be easily taken off- so you would have the best of the 2 worlds- a nice clean chopper and( with bags/fairings on)- a touring bagger?

Just a thought or two.

113"s&s, Walz softail 2000/2012 prostreet
96"s&s, Daytec dyna/ softail hybrid, 1998/2010 chopper
127"Ultima, Chassis Design rigid 2013 bobber
120"Ultima, Kraft Tech rigid 2014 bobber